Contact Hetsie And Carin Scheepers
- Longitude: 24.814722
- Latitude: -33.758889
- Self Catering
- Bird Watching
- Hiking / walking
- Mountain Biking
The chalet is fully equipped for self catering and is set amongst beautiful indigenous forest at the heart of a tranquil valley or ‘kloof’.
There are a lounge, two small bedrooms, one with a double bed and the other with two single beds making room for up to 4 guests.
Gonjah Chalet has one bathroom with a shower, basin and toilet. There is a fireplace in the lounge to keep you warm on colder evenings. There is no electricity, but gas facilities exist for a real back to nature experience.
The open wooden deck is a great spot for whiling away the evenings, listening to the sounds of the bush around you whilst enjoying a braai (BBQ) and a few drinks. Braai facilities are provided.
- Excellent hiking is available around the chalet and in the area.
- Fresh water fishing nearby in the Gamtoos River.
- Cycling Trails are close by.
- Hankey golf course is just 15km away.
- Firewood for braais and campfires can bought at any of the local shops.
- 10 minute drive to Tolbos Country Shop and Restaurant.
Gonjah unfortunately does not allow any animals because our chalet, campsite and 4x4 route is situated in a private game “reserve” (privaat wildkamp).
After Hours Number:
041 000 1585
On Site Features
- Braai / Barbeque Area
- Child Friendly (all Ages)
Map and Directions to Gonjah Chalet
GPS: 33° 45' 32.00" S / 24° 48' 53.00" E