Contact Hetsie And Carin Scheepers
- Longitude: 24.814722
- Latitude: -33.758889
- Camp Sites
- Bird Watching
- Hiking / walking
The campsite at Gonjah is delightfully set next to a gently flowing mountain stream, surrounded by towering Yellowwood trees – a real escape to the country.
There are basic facilities on site including shower area and flush toilet, a donkey will need to be lit for hot awter in the shower. Fires can be build in the allocated areas, you will need to bring your own fire wood so that you can light up a campfire and enjoy nature the way it was meant to be – uninterrupted.
Don't forget to bring a torch and lanterns when visiting gonjah, as it can get quite dark at night. Please bring a sink plug so that you can use the wash-basins.
- Excellent hiking is available around the chalet and in the area.
- Fresh water fishing nearby in the Gamtoos River.
- Cycling Trails are close by.
- Hankey golf course is just 15km away.
- Bring your own fire wood for a braai / campfire or donkey, alternatively you can buy wood at any of the local shops.
- 10 minute drive to Tolbos Country Shop and Restaurant.
Gonjah unfortunately does not allow any animals because our chalet, campsite and 4x4 route is situated in a private game “reserve” (privaat wildkamp).
After Hours Number:
041 000 1585
On Site Features
- Braai / Barbecue Area
- Child Friendly (all Ages)
Map and Directions to Gonjah Campsite
GPS: 33° 45' 32.00" S / 24° 48' 53.00" E